VETERINARY OFFICE MANAGER/RECEPTIONIST
Westuck Veterinary Hospital is currently a single doctor practice looking to grow our team. We are currently looking for an Office Manager/Receptionist who is outgoing, friendly and has a personality suited for the demands of a growing Veterinary Practice. One of the most important parts of our clinic is our culture. Our employees and their skills are just as important as them being a good fit for our work environment. Although experience is preferred, it is more important to our team to find the RIGHT fit. We want to find someone who shares our same goals and values, someone who is friendly, compassionate, dependable, and truly wants to make a difference.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Partners with the managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
- Manages staff, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable.
- Develops/implements or maintains hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Perform as a receptionist at the front desk.
- Greet clients as they arrive at the hospital and present necessary paperwork for completion.
- Maintain cash drawer and cash deposits.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service.
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, daily reports, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
- Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience.
- Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Reporting and data analysis.
- Problem-solving and resolution management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Customer service strategies.
- Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Shift availability: Typically 4 days a week, Monday - Friday
- Clinic hours: 8am - 6pm
- Flexibility to work beyond scheduled hours if necessary
- Overtime available
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Pet Discount
- NO WEEKENDS
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
To Apply Send resume to: Anthony.Westuck@gmail.com Or stop by the clinic with a resume.